8.05.2010

Endless Loop - The Top 3 iTunes play for this week

As I mentioned in the first post of this blog a few weeks back, I have a crazy taste in music. The playlist I play to work out with may range from the before mentioned Bob Schneider to Jason Aldean to Jay-Z. So I figured why not make a weekly (hopefully) post of the my top 5 songs in my iTunes that week. I will call it endless loop because they are probably some of the only songs I am listening to this week. These songs may not be new, popular, or even good but they are definitely the most listened to songs of the week. Some may be songs I hear on the radio, some may be songs I am sick of because I have heard them 1000 times while editing videos for the school or church. So here we go... in NO particular order.

1. Eli Young Band - Guinevere

This song is such a breathe of fresh air from a band I have been listening to for 7 or 8 years. they are from the Denton area, UNT Grads (not sure if they finished but we claim them) and used to drink at the bar I bartended at so I claim to know them. Anyways after hearing them release song after song on albums for the last 6 years that were songs they played in and around Denton, their big fans had to be tired of hearing When It Rains and Oklahoma Girl. This new album is the first of theirs where I didn't know a single song before the drop date, and this song here is by far the best one of the CD. It takes me back to their old emotional hits like Everything is You and Highways and Broken Hearts. Looking forward to catching them next time they come in town.

2.
Incubus - Wish You Were Here

So a few weeks ago, while really diving into my dirty ass house, I decided I needed to make a new upbeat playlist to motivate me to do some DEEP cleaning... You can ask the chick over at Elevated Ebenezer she can attest to just how out of control my house had gotten. Back on topic, I was trying to remember my old school workout playlist I had on my old iPod and macbook that I got rid of and I realized I never reloaded all of my Incubus music I had worked so hard to download. Well, instead of cleaning for an hour or two, I downloaded as much Incubus as I could and loaded up a playlist. I used to never really get into this particular song, but this go around I love it. It's just a song I can jam to I guess. Needless to say I got a lot of cleaning done that day. Glancing around this room right now, its about time to rock out again!

3. Brandon Rhyder - Freeze Frame Time

This song was introduced to me in a clutch moment by a co-worker. We had a slideshow to show for another co-workers retirement party and the audio bailed on us during the burn to DVD. We were pretty screwed, but one guy stepped up with some audio cables and this song and saved the party. This song is beautiful. The lyrics are amazing. Rhyder needs to be more popular than he is. I bet I listen to this song at least once or twice a day. It makes me think of everything in my past ranging from sitting on the porch of my house in Virginia with my mom and dad all the way to the newest memories that I wish I could get stuck in that just happen in Boston with my dad and brother... it also makes me think of some other memories that are on the way... If I get a new guitar, I can honestly say this is at the VERY top of the list of songs to learn to play... Please if you skip the rest of the links on this page take some time and listen to this one. It is simply a beautiful song.

So there you go, those are the top 3 songs on my iTunes this week... maybe down the road I can push this up to 5 songs a week like a normal person would but really, who cares! Tell your friends about me. I am pretty cool

JD

3 comments:

elizagolightly said...

Mmmm, Incubus. New music soon!

J.D. said...

This is a very random post. The music, the genres, etc. I can tell I have been trying to get work done and leaving all the harder stuff I enjoy on the shelf. Gotta be Productive!

Caty said...

Nice shout out. LOL You won't be needing Incubus to clean very soon, I don't think.
Oh, and btw. I can play Freeze Frame Time now. Just sayin.

Post a Comment